IT Project Manager
A fast-paced New York software development house and systems integration company has immediate openings for several innovative project managers to join our team of motivated individuals in a dynamic work environment.
A project manager at our company is the lead person who champions and implements projects for either our clients or internal projects for our company. This position offers qualified project managers an opportunity to work with top clients such as major banks, media corporations, the Department of Defense and other high profile companies and organizations. The position will be based out of our midtown Manhattan headquarters. Occasional travel to client sites nationwide will be required.
To be more specific about our client base, a sample list of the business lines and specialties of some of our clients includes:
- Financial companies – with emphasis on systems handling workflow and automation management for research productions
- Media companies – with emphasis on systems handling the direct response campaign management lifecycle
- Labor unions – with emphasis on systems handling human resources and workforce management and reporting
- Department of Defense – with emphasis on security systems as per DoD specifications (candidate holding security clearance is a plus)
- The Project Manager is expected to lead and manage project team(s) on a full range of a system development life cycle project activities, in accordance to a project plan (which at times, the project manager will need to develop, following a client survey).
- Must have good hands-on experience with Windows server 2003 and 2008
- The project manager shall direct both software developers and hardware engineers on his / her team(s) as part of the process of managing and delivering systems / products to clients
- Projects contain both software and infrastructure elements, all following the original clients specifications which are clearly defined, and are in accordance to the project plan, which follows the clients business need specification.
Key traits and skill sets for the project manager position:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Motivated by the challenges
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in new technologies
- Good troubleshooting ability
- Creative thinking and quick solutions implementation
- Strong commitment to continuous professional growth and development
- General knowledge of system development / management and/or web technologies and / or computer languages
- BA/BS degree (Masters Degree is a plus but not required). Will consider candidates with adequate professional experience
- Minimum 3 years professional project management experience
- Salary – Commensurate with experience
- Benefits – Excellent benefits to include; health insurance, dental insurance, vision, long-term disability, short-term disability + additional premium benefits offered
- 3 weeks vacation + 5 personal days and major holidays